Starting in March 2023, Virginia will begin reviewing members’ health coverage to make sure they still qualify, however closures will not occur prior to April 30, 2023.
Take the following action steps to make sure you stay covered:
Review information regarding Virginia’s renewal process.
- Read carefully all official mail, email or texts about what you need to do to renew your coverage.
- Visit the Cover Virginia website for updates and resources.
- Sign up for email and text updates, and follow Cover Virginia on social media: Facebook, Twitter
Respond when you get official notices from the Department of Medical Assistance Services (Virginia Medicaid), Social Services, Cover Virginia and your health plan asking you to:
- Update contact information (mailing address, email address, and phone numbers)
- Respond to official notices that include a form or checklist about your renewal to confirm that you are eligible
Renew your coverage by sending the information requested by the due date. Answer all questions and make any changes if necessary through one of the following ways:
- Submit the completed form/documents at commonhelp.virginia.gov using the case number and client ID on your form to associate your case with your account.
- Call Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282 (TTY: 1-888-221-1590) to submit your renewal information. Have the requested information gathered and ready to give over the phone.
- Mail the completed form/documents to the address listed on the form or checklist by the due date. Medicaid will send you a prepaid return envelope, or you can turn in the form/documents by fax or in person at your local Department of Social Services.
Questions about the form or checklist?
Call your local Department of Social Services or Cover Virginia. Have the requested information gathered when you call so we can answer your questions. You can request to meet with someone at your local agency if needed.
For questions, additional help, or language assistance services or large-print, call Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282 (TTY: 1-888-221-1590) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information from Cover Virginia/Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services.