Join your Southside neighbors and friends this month as we come together to prevent suicide, respond to substance use, and promote healthy families. Our slate of training opportunities is long, and we encourage everyone to take part.
Here are some other ways to help:
1. ASK: If you are concerned about someone, let them know you care about their well-being. Listen to their story, and ask directly about suicide without judgment. LEARN MORE.
2. SHARE: Forward this email to someone you know. Share our social media posts throughout the month to your personal timelines. Download our Suicide Prevention Month flyer to distribute to your contacts. Bookmark and circulate our RESOURCES page.
3. LEARN: Pick at least one training session to attend this month. Study the risk factors and warning signs for suicide.
If you or someone you love is struggling, help is available:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8255 or text 741741. You can also connect with the chat service.
- Southside Behavioral Health: Make an appointment at 1-833-272-2778. In a crisis, call 1-833-377-7272.